PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 6, 2013

Peace

A mantra has been repeating, 
peace2
sweetly, 
peace1
serenely as of late,
peace3
I find myself dwelling more deeply on the promises each day.
peace7
Peace like a river.
peace10
Bubbling, rippling, flowing.
peace9
Inwards, outwards, watering, refreshing.
peace8
From Philippians 4.
The author writes while imprisoned,
"I've learned the secret of being content in any and every circumstance,
whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or in want..."
And how our stories could all add to these descriptors...
peace11
in bright morning of well-rested enthusiasm,
peace15
and in the dreary clouds of drained exhaustion,
peace12
in the romance of fresh budded love and passion,
peace13
and in the darkness, when we find ourselves trudging in existence beside a spouse,
in the harmony of excitement and anticipation,
peace16
and through deflated hopes, 
in the color and the grays,
peace14
I know we've all found ourselves in each of these moments,
and we've pressed through one obstacle, we've secured one decision 
often to walk only steps before facing another.
peace4
Here is the secret.

"I can do all this
through
Him
who gives me
strength."

And so,
peace5
with this secret 
this promise
secured
peace6
may we
ripple on in choices of peace today.

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...