PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 8, 2012

Love

We all have the things we want for our family. 
Photobucket
Boldness and humility, a life that strives for the highest, while completely secure,
Photobucket
confidence, honesty, great accomplishments,
all simultaneously lacing a deep peace and contentment and joy and happiness.
Photobucket
And as the first model for my children, 
their first example, their current primary role model, 
Photobucket
I feel myself spinning so many times, not sure where to start, 
Photobucket
turning every which way to make sure their home is dusted,
Photobucket
their meals well-balanced, 
Photobucket
their laundry clean (although it's usually not folded), their TV minimal, their friendships healthy,
Photobucket
their experiences rich. 
Photobucket
It's endless, really, the things we could be doing to improve, 
Photobucket
 the list we still need to make, the lessons we could teach, the conversations to deepen,
Photobucket
it's exhausting.

The other day, though, I was reminded of the simplicity of what's truly requested, required.
Photobucket
 It was actually a song I heard on their playlist that sung directly to my heart. 
Photobucket
It all comes down to one thing,
Photobucket
the base of all things lasting, meaningful, beautiful.
Photobucket
Love.
Photobucket
Love.
Photobucket
The word is short in stature, but so mighty in meaning, this thing called love.
And, as we all know, but so easily forget, it's more than the kisses and cuddles I bestow,
Photobucket
it's the sacrifice, the surrender of the "me" time, the chatty phone calls, the brainless web surfing, the juicy tv shows I'm unfortunately interested in during the day;
it's adoring their daddy, becoming his biggest fan, day by day;
Photobucket
it's responding to their question after question after question with appreciation, enthusiasm; 
it's letting them suffer, sitting in silence sometimes to appreciate, value peace, quiet, rest.
Photobucket
Oh, and the biggest challenge for me, 
it's modeling that same peace, quiet, rest for them with a willing, joyful, loving heart, day after day, after minute after minute. 
I really do think the quiet love is the loudest.
The real love, the hard love, that's the true love.

So,
Photobucket
I'm off to love today.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mira's mom said...

This is so great. I wish we were friends.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...